The Alabama Opportunity Scholarship Fund is opening for new applicants. Please see below for important information:
Please keep in mind that we are unable to provide the status of any specific applications during the application process.
Applications are submitted online via our k12 application that can be found here- AOSF Application Link. You will need to create an account in order to apply and submit the necessary information. You can create your login before the application opens on Monday but please note that you will not be able to view anything else related to the application until its opening. If the above link takes you back to the "sign up" page, you can click here to go to the application.
If you have a new student that has not received the scholarship before, or received a scholarship in a prior year but not for the 2021-2022 school year, you will need:
· All Alabama State Income Tax Returns for adults 18+ in the household
· If you have not filed a 2021 Alabama State Income Tax Return, you may alternatively provide your Federal 1040, W2 (temporarily until the AL40 can be submitted), or 1099.
· Please remember that submitting the W2 placeholder or information from a prior year will delay the approval of your application.
· If you are not required to file an Alabama State Income Tax return, you will electronically sign our Statement of No Wages during the application.
· This needs to be submitted for ALL MEMBERS OF THE HOUSEHOLD THAT ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18. If anyone else in the household is over 18 and does not earn wages, please have them sign our "Statement of No Wages" and attach it to the application. CLICK HERE for the document.
· Your student's Birth Certificate, if they are entering kindergarten or the 12th grade
· Your child's 2021-2022 full-year Report Card (unless they are entering kindergarten)
· Since these are due in April, we recognize that a full year report card will not be available yet. Please provide the most up to date report card and provide the full-year report card when it becomes available.
· We look at the type of school your child attended during the school year (public, private, etc.). We do not look at your child's grades.
If you have questions or issues regarding the application, you are welcome to reach us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at (205) 506-2708. Please keep in mind that during the application process, our phone lines will be busy so if you do not receive an answer, we are likely assisting another applicant. Please feel free to leave a voicemail or send an email.